Hopin User Guide
Thank you for joining DPW2021 online! This user guide will help you get the most out of your conference experience on Hopin. Now let’s get you set up!
Setting up your Hopin profile
You won’t be able to access the event until 5 minutes before it starts, but you can create your profile in advance, and add the event to your calendar if you haven’t done so already.
Click on the ‘create your profile’ hyperlink, below the event countdown. A popup window will open, from where you can adjust your profile information and add an image of yourself. You can always update your profile by accessing your account from the upper-right hand corner.
Getting around Hopin
You will be able to access the event on Hopin 5 minutes before it starts from your profile dashboard, by logging into your Hopin account. You are also going to receive a reminder by email shortly before the event starts, so make sure that you don’t miss it!
Similar to a physical event, you can choose where you want to go and what you’d like to attend. In the Reception area you will find the complete agenda showing what is happening where. You will also find an overview of the different event areas, and further details about the event.
On the right side of the screen you’ll find the main event chat where you can comment and interact with other event participants. Each stage and session has a chat where you can join the discussion and ask questions. You can ask questions to the speakers by using @Q&A in the chat. Make sure to follow the event chat for important announcements and updates from DPW.
Aside from the main chat, you can participate in polling under the ‘Polls’ tab, and DM participants by browsing under the ‘People’ tab. You can also invite someone to join you in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call. Please make sure the other person is aware and interested in having a video call before sending the invitation.
You can navigate through the different areas on the left side of your screen.
|Upon opening Hopin and joining the event, you will land in the Reception area. You can think of the reception area as a venue’s lobby, it’s the information hub. Here you will find a complete overview of the schedule for Day 1 and 2, and see which sessions are happening where. Try filtering by track to find the sessions you’re most interested in.|
| ||Here you’ll find speakers hosting presentations, fireside chats, panel discussions and demos. You can find the complete schedule for the different talks and sessions in the reception area, and filter by tracks to easily find the content you are looking for. |
|At the start of a new session, speakers will often wait for a minute to let the virtual room fill up. If you join and can’t hear anyone speaking, bear in mind the session might not have started. Grab a coffee while you wait for it to start.|
Tips & Tricks for using Hopin
- We recommend attending the event using a laptop or PC, as we cannot guarantee it will work flawlessly on mobile.
- For the best Hopin experience, we recommend you use Chrome or Firefox. Please avoid Brave, Safari, and Microsoft IE or Edge.
- When an area (e.g. Keynote Stage) is “live” according to the event schedule, the red “LIVE” tag will be shown, indicating to attendees where the action is at the time.
- The “What’s happening now” button in the Reception area allows you to one-click navigate to where the action is.
- Keep track of any announcements and pinned messages from DPW in the event chat.
- Make sure to check the housekeeping rules per area to make the most out of the interactivity.
- You can send direct messages to an individual at the event via DMs in the People tab, or invite someone to join you in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call. To send a DM, find the person you wish to chat with in the People tab, click their profile photo, and start your conversation.
- The Keynote Stage and Breakout Session will have a separate chat where you can interact with other participants or ask questions to the hosts at the session you are attending.
- DPW is not responsible for internet outages or technical difficulties. If you experience any issues during the event, don’t hesitate to reach out to the support team via the chat by using @DPW.
If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to seeing you online soon!
Join us at #DPWConference
Attend the world’s flagship event of the digital procurement industry. Digital procurement transformation is happening now.GET TICKETS