Frequently asked questions
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
Still have questions? Contact Us
What is DEMO?
DEMO is the largest startup pitch competition in procurement, organized by DPW since 2019. It is uniquely designed to address the needs of early and later stage procurement startups across all domains.
DEMO gives procurement entrepreneurs around the globe a platform for their projects, providing opportunities for funding, global visibility and connections with key players in the ProcureTech ecosystem. To date, previous winners and finalists have won multiple customers by taking part in the competition.
DEMO 2022 concludes with the Grand Finale which will take place during the DPW Conference 2022 in Amsterdam on the 21 & 22 September 2022.
Why should I apply for DEMO?
DEMO has been a game changing event for startups that participated in previous events. Many of them won new customers. DEMO is an opportunity to root your business within a growing entrepreneurial hub surrounded by a community of buyers, investors and mentors.
Read our interview with our 2021 winner, PACTUM, and how they won a new customer by particpiating at DEMO.
What type of startups are you looking for?
We’re on a worldwide search for innovative, diverse early and later stage startups whose technologies contribute to the digital procurement ecosystem. Our 2022 edition of DEMO is industry and market agnostic and we encourage startups from all different angles to apply. Previous startups tackled challenges including cost savings, SRM, risk, sustainability, contract lifecycle management, market intelligence, to name a few.
Who is eligible to apply for DEMO?
- Companies with a working product or at least an MVP
- Annual recurring revenue is not exceeding $10M by the time of the application
- Only founders or CEOs to present
- Your company needs to be legally established
We already have funding. Can we still apply?
There is no cap on money raised to participate and companies from all stages of funding are encouraged to apply. Our startups are a mix of post Series A as well as bootstrapped companies.
Do I have to pay for DEMO?
Nope, it does not cost anything to apply. However, in case you’ll make it to the Grand Finale in Amsterdam, travel costs, accommodations or other costs will not be covered by DPW.
Are there competition prizes?
Yes, everyone’s a winner!
- Automatically enroll in ScoutLab and get exposed to future business opportunities
- Brand exposure on DEMO website
- Opportunity to pitch to renowned judges and tech buyers from mid-market and large enterprises
- Keynote speaking slot at DPW Conference 2022
Grand Finale Winners
- Badges and awards
- Feature in the post-event DPW PR piece and in the DPW Conference 2022 newsletter
- Press release inclusion announcing the DEMO 2022 winners
- Access to exclusive masterclasses, guest panels and networking opportunities
When does DEMO 2022 take place?
DEMO accepts applications once annually. The 2022 application window opens 1 March and closes 30 April.
What are the important dates for DEMO 2022?
1 March – Open for applications worldwide
30 April – Applications close
25 May – 20 semi finalists announced
22 & 23 June – Semi-final pitch round (virtual)
24 June – 10 finalists announced21 September – Grand Finale (In-person in Amsterdam)
22 September – Winners announced (In-person in Amsterdam)
Is my information confidential?
The information you provide on your application will be available to the following parties:
- DPW team (to manage the application platform)
- Our expert judging panel (to judge your application)
- Our partners (corporates and investors looking for potential collaboration or investment opportunities)
Can I apply if I applied before?
Yes, past startup participants are open to join again as long as you meet the application criteria.
What criteria are the judges using to select the best startups?
Entries to DEMO will be evaluated using these criteria:
Innovation and Industry Disruption
- Innovative value proposition
- Potential to truly disrupt the procurement industry in a big way
Potential and Business Model
- How much potential does it have to make a big impact?
- Scalability for a global solution
Progress and Market Traction
- Operation and financial metrics
- Milestones and achievements since inception
Team, Board, Advisors
- Capabilities and expertise to execute the business plan
- Passion, ambition, vision and culture
- The right advisors and board in your corner
- What makes you 10x better. What insights/ advantage do you have that others don’t
What is the format & process of DEMO 2022?
|1 March||Application||Open for applications worldwide|
|30 April||Application||Application closes|
|9 -20 May||Qualification Round||Online screening & scoring:|
20 semi finalists will be handpicked based solely on the strength of their written applications.
|25 May||Semi Final||TOP 20|
The 20 semi finalists announced
|15 & 16 June||Semi Final||TOP 20|
Online pitch to jury & tech buyers
– 3 min pitch
– 3 min Q&A
|17 June||Grand Finale||The 10 finalists announced|
|Aug – Sept||Grand Finale||TOP 10|
Mandatory pitch coaching for all finalists
|21 September||Grand Finale|
Live at DPW Conference 2022
Online pitch to jury & audience
– 3 min pitch
– 3 min Q&A
|22 September||Grand Finale|
Live at DPW Conference 2022
The finalist judging panel will deliberate and decide the 2 winners, one in each of the two tracks
How can I change my application information?
If you already applied but would like to change your application information, please email email@example.com.
What if I have more questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us at #DPWConference
Attend the world’s flagship event of the digital procurement industry. Digital procurement transformation is happening now.BUY TICKETS