- 30 April – Application deadline
- No application fee
To be eligible:
- Your company has been operating no earlier than 2016 (might differ from year of foundation)
- You have a working product or at least an MVP
- Your product must fall into one of the DEMO 2021 categories
Note: Startups are allowed to apply for more than one category.
Demo 2021 Categories
DEMO 2021 is uniquely interested in game-changing ideas from individuals,
teams, aspiring entrepreneurs and startups in the following five categories
Automation and Efficiency
This category highlights technologies that automate and streamline the procurement process and manual, repetitive tasks to increase efficiency, lower related operating costs, reduce errors, and improve the experiences of everyone involved in the processes. In addition, procurement specialists can move into higher-value work such as category management and analysis.
This category acknowledges and reinforces the principle that suppliers are a critical source of business value and not just a category of business spending that needs to be reduced. Technologies in this category unlock value from suppliers to improve performance, quality, innovation, and collaboration.
Cost Reduction & Savings
This category supports the implementation of emerging technologies that address all or part of the procurement process with the aim of generating measurable bottom line savings. These technologies also address savings made through re-negotiation of contract terms and conditions, administrative and operational process improvements, and the intelligent use of data.
Risk and Resilience
Technologies in this category make risk assessment and due diligence part of the procurement process. They help procurement organisations understand risk, manage and mitigate it, and build robust supply chains, both upstream and downstream, that can weather disruptions with minimal impact and stay resilient.
This category showcases technologies that embed corporate social responsibility (CSR) principles into the procurement processes and the supply chain as a whole. Focused on three key impact areas – environmental, social and economic responsibility – these technologies are taking a variety of approaches to innovating the company’s sustainable procurement activities from human rights issues to carbon emissions.
Innovation and Industry Disruption
• Innovative value proposition
• Potential to truly disrupt the procurement industry in a big way
Potential and Business Model
• How much potential does it have to make a big impact?
• Scalability for a global solution
Progress and Market Traction
• Operation and financial metrics
• Milestones and achievements since inception
Team, Board, Advisors
• Capabilities and expertise to execute the business plan
• Passion, ambition, vision and culture
• The right advisors and board in your corner
• What makes you 10x better. What insights/ advantage do you have that others don’t
|Credibility as part of the acceptance into DEMO 2021|
|Automatically enroll in ScoutLab and get exposed to business opportunities|
|Basic brand exposure on DEMO website|
|Opportunity to pitch to renowned judges|
|Exposure to top Investors & corporates|
|Inclusion in DPW’s Procurement Technology Landscape Map|
|Enhanced brand exposure on DEMO website and DPW.AI|
|Access to 1-on-1 meetings with investors|
|Speaking slot at DPW2021|
|Optional prizes offered by local partners|
|Press release inclusion announcing the DEMO 2021 winners|